Learn How The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Tracks $2 Billion in Funding and Over 700 Cross-Agency Projects Without Breaking a Sweat
The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) is the primary coordinator of all data, accomplishment reporting, and program accountability for the Lake Tahoe Environmental Improvement Program (EIP). To date, the 50+ different local, state, federal and private EIP partners have completed over 450 projects, including habitat restoration, public access enhancement, bike/pedestrian trail improvement, and invasive species treatment and monitoring.
In 2014, using funding provided by the US Environmental Protection Agency, TRPA enlisted Sitka and Environmental Incentives to build an open-source, online platform to improve data coordination, increase transparency, and showcase for the general public all the great work being accomplished in the Lake Tahoe basin.
Please join Jeanne and Matt as they share behind-the-scenes information about what it took to launch this groundbreaking online resource–the Lake Tahoe EIP Project Tracker–in August 2015. They will also explain its open source license, and how you might leverage it for your own program. They will also explain its open-source license, and how you might leverage it for your own program.
During this free, hour-long webcast, you can expect to learn:
- What were the primary business objectives and audience for the web app and how did TRPA identify these?
- How was the web app funded, and how much did it cost?
- How did TRPA realize such rapid adoption of this new system?
- What types of workflows the system supports and how automated are they?
- What benefits have TRPA, the EIP partners, and the general public experienced since the launch?
- How does the system meet the identified objectives?
- How do visitors access information, reports, and fact sheets on current and completed projects of interest? [ Live Demo ]
- What’s next for TRPA and the EIP Project Tracker?
- How can other organizations leverage Sitka’s recently released ProjectFirma online platform to track and share high-level program details with multiple stakeholders like TRPA?